Traditional Chinese Medicine is a three-thousand-year-old comprehensive health care system utilizing:
- Acupuncture, the insertion of sterile needles at specific sites,
- Nutritional Counseling, using the theory of the five elements to balance the diet,
- Herbs, using only the highest quality GMP-certified Chinese herbs and tea pills,
- Movement, using simple exercises coordinated with the breath such as T’ai Chi and Qigong (Chi Kung),
- Stress Reduction, using meditation, visualizations, and breath techniques to calm the body and mind.
The patriarchs of Chinese medicine stressed the importance of helping patients with lifestyle modifications and dietary changes in order to prevent disease and to augment acupuncture and herbal treatments.
What conditions can be treated?
Charles Meyers offers treatment of, but not limited to, the following conditions.
- Pain of all types, including arthritis, endometriosis, spinal stenosis, migraine, sciatica, work-related and other,
- Digestive disorders, including irritable bowel syndrome,
- Respiratory problems, including sinusitis, allergy, and asthma,
- Sleep disorders,
- Depression and anxiety,
- Gynecological problems, including PMS and menopausal disorders,
- Chronic Fatigue,
- Neurological problems, including Bells Palsy and Herpes Zoster